Friday 14 August 2015

Hillpark Cross Country 2015



On Thursday 13th August the sun finally shone and it was a beautiful day. The sky was clear blue, hardly any wind;  it really felt like Spring was on its way!


We gathered in our teams and began the walk to the Botanic Gardens just after 11am. The police helped us crossing the road as there were ALOT of children walking to the gardens.



When we arrived we got into our houses so the races could begin at 1pm.




The year 3 girls ran first then the year 3 boys then year 4 girls and so on up to year 6 boys. The race course was a challenge. We thought it was pretty hard but we were all proud of ourselves us ALL of us completed the course.




 by Room 22


On Thursday 13th August it was cross country. We had it at the Botanical Gardens. It was a 2 kilometre course. 

I had fun walking under the motorway bridge but it was scary. 

I came 7th in the year 3 girls. Jade came 7th in the year 4 girls.

I felt puffed, nervous, sick, tired and hungry. I had a photo with Ms Penman because I didn't want to smile any more but I had to cos I was having a photo!

by Aria.




Yesterday my whole school, except for the juniors, went to the Botanical gardens. We walked there and I was tired by the end. 
When we got there I put my bag down, sat down and then raced. I came 11th and was exhausted.

by Mia H.


On Thursday 13th August we had our Cross Country at the Botanic Gardens.

It was fun walking there because we went under the motorway. I didn't like running 2 ks it was hard and exhausting!
I came no where but I loved it after the cross country as I was with my friends and could eat. I liked seeing Aria run the best with her bouncy pig tails.

I was very stressed as I had trampolining after school and it was a big day.

by Emily C

On Thursday we walked to the Gardens to run. I was happy to go to the Gardens. I came 9th in my race. It was a good day. We walked back to school and got there late. The next day we talked about the Cross Country.

by Goldwind

Yesterday was Cross Country day. It was at the Auckland Botanical Gardens. I felt hot, scared and sad as I hate cross country. At the end of my race I was tired.

by Natalia

1 comment:

  1. It was fun watching you guys, you all did really well :)

    ReplyDelete