Tuesday 12 May 2015

We've been talking about what our whanau can do to help us become even better readers. 
What ideas do you have? 
These are some of our suggestions!

Read aloud to me every day.
Get me a library card.
Go to the library with me once a week.
Discuss books with me and let me see you reading too.
Take me to storytimes, author visits, and other public programs. (There's lots happening at our public library)
Buy books that you know will interest me.
Create a comfortable reading space for me.
•Help me to visit web sites of  my favourite authors and illustrators.
Once a week, cook with me helping me to read the recipe.  
Buy me a good dictionary and help/ encourage me to use it regularly.

Teacher's would love to see our children's whanau at the Literacy Evening on 
Tuesday 26th May  5.30- 6.30

No comments:

Post a Comment